Why choose RF?
- RF is a unique venue that provides a private and quiet surrounding
- RF offers catering and self catering options
- RF provides Activities and Accommodation all at the one venue
- RF can organise as much or little as you like
- RF provides value for money
Kylie is a qualified Physical Education and Health teacher. Before Hannah was born in 2011, Kylie worked as Head of the Physical Education & Health department and the Year 12 Dean at Wanganui Girls College. Today RF welcomes a range of schools, tour groups, families and friends looking for that authentic kiwi farm experience or venue with a difference.
- Arrive at the RF woolshed where there is plenty of parking for buses and cars
- Enjoy a mustering demonstration where the sheep or cattle are bought in off the hills and into the covered yards. Guests will then enjoy another demonstration where they can get up close and personal with the sheep, see them being drafted or weighted.
- Watch a shearing demonstration in our uniquely decorated woolshed. If you are brave, have a go shearing some of the sheep yourself!
- Take a farm walk through native bush and over farm land, up to the picnic table where you may experience views of Mount Ruapehu, Mount Taranaki and the ocean
- Meet the large range of friendly animals
- Enjoy lunch at the RF Bunkhouse which is surrounded by the beautiful gardens
- Take a walk through the farm museum and get an understanding of farming and “Tyrones” history having been owned by the Stewart family since 1901
Prices start at $45 per person/day (minimum numbers apply)
Overnight stays/school camps
Looking for all of the fun we provide our day guests with but want to stay a little longer? We are can accommodate up to 19 guests and the additional fun of:
- A visit to our glow worms located closely to the accommodation
- BBQ dinner
- Campfire pudding
- Evening entertainment at the Bunkhouse with singstar, board games, books and DVD’s on the huge projector
- Practical and theory sessions around adventure based learning and NCEA standards
Prices start at $100 per person/night for all activities and accommodation
Are you looking for a relaxed spot where you and a bunch of your mates can let your hair down in privacy and without the expense of bars and restaurants? The RF Bunkhouse is an ideal location and with accommodation for 19 people meters away, there is no worries about people driving home. Self catering and catered options are available. Contact us for specific details.
RF has hosted the following:
- Hens/stag do
- Birthday parties
- Bridal parties
- Family reunions
- Family & friends luncheons
Price of venue hire: $400 (for groups over 19 guests)
What guests are saying about RF
“Thanks so much. Great set up for a group”
— Ange and Scotty, Auckland
“We’ve had an AMAZING two day camp. This is such a cool place, we all had so much fun”
— Ruby Flemming, Year 12, Wanganui Girls College
“It was the most awesome camp ever. I had a great time and loved your farm and activities”
— Annie Benefield, Year 13 , Cullinane College