We are stoked to be sharing our wicked spot with Kiwi Experience bus passengers! As the only Farmstay option in New Zealand for Kiwi Experience passengers, we are excited to offer a unique “must do kiwi experience.”
Wondering what you will do at RF?
Catch some zzz’s: RF Accommodation
- Kiwi Experience buses are met in the local town of Marton followed by a 10 minute drive to RF
- Upon arrival you will be shown around the Farmstay and then it’s time to relax and soak up the beautiful surrounds
- Accommodation in the Bunkhouse or North Hut has been described by other Kiwi Experience passengers as “the best” they have stayed in during their time in New Zealand
- Upgrade options are available for those wanting a bit more privacy and pizazz for a few more dollars (this must be booked in advance by your driver)
Out and about: RF Activities
- Learn the ropes: Shearing, mustering and dog demonstration at the RF Woolshed followed by a guided farm/bush walk.
This is a chance to see real farming activities up close and personal. You will get the chance to get a hands on experience with some sheep, watch some wool being shorn straight off a sheep’s back and observe the backbones of Kiwi farming in action; the working dogs. From the RF Woolshed this tour takes a guided farm walk through native bush to a hilltop that enjoys stunning views.
- Feed the backs: Get up close and personal with our large range of friendly farm animals. Make their day and feed them some “animal lollies” and get some great photos with these guys
Get a taste of Kiwi: RF meals
Carnivores: BBQ dinner with meat, salads, bread, potatoes and non-alcoholic drink
Herbivores: Dinner with salads, bread, potatoes and non-alcoholic drink
Up with the birds: Self-service Continental breakfast including cereal, fruit, toast and spreads
Prices: See your driver for your special Kiwi Experience prices for both a one night and two night option.
Important Information for KE drivers
- When phoning RF to book in your passengers, please ring our land line – 063274495. Cell phone coverage in the hills is limited.
- The bus stop is located at 1 High Street, Marton.
- Please phone us as you depart River Valley to ensure we have time to get on our town clothes to pick up the troops! Thanks in advance.
Check out other Kiwi Experience passengers enjoying RF here.
What KE Passengers are saying about RF
“You have been so welcoming and well organised, we only wish we could have stayed longer-especially with such an amazing bunkhouse to sleep in. Big thank you also to Keegan for showing us the sheep mustering and shearing and to Kylie for not only the delicious food but for also taking us to the top of the hill to see the breathtaking views. You have made yourselves a really beautiful home here and we all hope to come back and visit one day. Thank you again for having us.”
— Lizzie Stewart (UK), Annabel Bateman (UK) Emma Salo (Finland) &n Adam Farren (Australia)