The Mini Mudder
Have you heard of The Mudder? Each September hundreds of people take part in this filthy fun event organised and hosted on our farm. You can now do the Mini Mudder any month of the year! The Mini Mudder has been popular with schools, businesses and friends – all after something fun and a bit different. The course involves 3km of beautiful country side to tackle at your own pace, unique obstacles, clues to crack, words to unscramble, a pet tyre to locate and of course some mud. Most importantly The Mini Mudder is about working together as a team and having fun!
This is what Nga Tawa School recently said about their experience: “Thanks to Kylie, Andrew and the team at Rangitikei Farmstay for a great start to the 2018 Nga Tawa leadership day. The girls were challenged to work with each other in unique ways, pushing their limits in a safe, fun environment. The girls loved the challenge, adventure and sense of achievement! The event catered for all, was highly organized and has been put on the calendar for an annual event, I highly recommend it!” Christine Worsfold, Outdoor Education, Nga Tawa School, Marton.
If you and your mates/ family or work colleagues are up for a fun challenge, then this activity is for you! Guaranteed to be heaps of fun and available 12 months of the year.
Price: $25 per adult & $20 per student (Year 7’s and up), BBQ Lunch starting at $15 per student, $20 for adults . Please note minimum numbers apply.
Human Dog Trials
Are you after a unique and fun activity that is nothing short of hilarious? Your group will be broken into teams and with a little teamwork and maybe a strategy, you will act as dogs aiming to get a small mob of sheep around an obstacle course. It is a race against the clock and you are guaranteed a heap of laughs. Enjoyable for all fitness levels.
Price: $25 per person
Farmer for the Day:
- Arrive at the RF woolshed where there is plenty of parking for buses and cars
- Enjoy a mustering demonstration where the sheep or cattle are bought in off the hills and into the covered yards. Guests will then enjoy another demonstration where they can get up close and personal with the sheep, see them being drafted or weighted.
- Watch a shearing demonstration in our uniquely decorated woolshed. If you are brave, have a go shearing some of the sheep yourself!
- Take a farm walk through native bush and over farm land, up to the picnic table where you may experience views of Mount Ruapehu, Mount Taranaki and the ocean
- Meet the large range of friendly animals
- Enjoy lunch at the RF Bunkhouse which is surrounded by the beautiful gardens
- Take a walk through the farm museum and get an understanding of farming and “Tyrones” history having been owned by the Stewart family since 1901
Price: Starting at $40 per head
What guests are saying about RF
“Thanks so much. Great set up for a group”
— Ange and Scotty, Auckland
“We’ve had an AMAZING two day camp. This is such a cool place, we all had so much fun”
— Ruby Flemming, Year 12, Wanganui Girls College