Welcome to Rangitikei Farmstay
Awarded 2018 Certificate of Excellence, Trip Advisor
Located half way between Wellington and Taupo, Andrew and Kylie Stewart would like to welcome you to Rangitikei Farmstay. Part of the family farm, Tyrone, which has been in the Stewart family since 1901. A truly authentic New Zealand sheep and beef farm experience.
Why Rangitikei Farmstay is a “Must do Kiwi Experience!”
- It is part of a 630 hectare working farm that currently runs 2000 Romney sheep & 200 Angus cattle
- Home to The Mudder and also The Mini Mudder
- We offer guests the chance to interact and get up close and personal with a wide range of friendly animals
- Centrally located in the heart of the Rangitikei district, half way between Wellington & Taupo, 10 minutes off State Highways 1 & 3
- Day trips for School’s, Tour groups and Buses are always welcome
- The farmstay can sleep up to 18 guests in a range of accommodation options
- A wide range of activities both on and off the farm are available for all guests.
- Catering and self catering options are both available as well as lovely cafes and restaurants 10 minutes away
- Kids under 2 years old stay and play for free
- As hosts we feel passionate about New Zealand and sharing our beautiful slice of it with others
July 2019 – Update! We have just planted 300 strawberry’s for you to pick your own strawberry’s or buy from our shop!
We hope to welcome you to our farm,
Your hosts: Andrew, Kylie, Hannah & Charlotte Stewart
What guests are saying about RF
“An amazing place!”
— Susan Murray – Radio NZ
“Just wanted to say thanks for your great service and one of our best stays in New Zealand!”
— Jimit & Rati – Sydney, Australia
“You made us feel so welcome! We loved your home cooking! Such a tranquil place in a fantastic setting. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip to New Zealand”
— The Larkworthy family, Devon, England.
“A true kiwi experience, I didn’t want to leave! Thank you!”
— Theresa Remmel, Germany
“You live in paradise”
— Henning & Chissi, Germany