A special place for everyone to enjoy
The Bunkhouse is part of the original “Tyrone” homestead. Over 30 years ago, one quarter of the building was picked up and moved into the “backyard” for the new homestead to be built.
In 2008, Andrew and Kylie began restoring the remains of the original house. Today it contains memorabilia from over 115 years of “Tyrone’s” farming history.
The Bunkhouse is a perfect spot for many low key and relaxed occasions. School Camps, Bridal parties, Work functions, Birthday parties, Xmas parties, Hens/Stag do’s or travellers on a budget.
The Bunkhouse sleeps up to 12 people in two separate bunk rooms:
- Bunk room # 1: Sleep up to 6 people
- Bunk room #2: Sleeps up to 6 people
Features of the Bunkhouse:
- Stay the night & enjoy some Activities for free including meet/feed the animals and a self guided farm walk
- Extensive covered deck with clear sides for meals or relaxation no matter the weather
- Memorabilia from over 115 years of “Tyrones” farming history
- Small kitchen area. Includes a fridge, microwave, crockery and utensils. Please note for safety reasons there is no oven inside the bunkhouse.
- An awesome 4 burner BBQ (with lid and gas hob)
- Couch area
- Pool table
- Sky TV
- DVD library
- Selection of board games
- Kids & adult books
- Playstation 2
- Sing star
- Bean bags
- Bathroom block directly outside consisting of three separate toilets and showers
- Check in from 4pm and check out by 12 noon
- All meals and activities are to be booked at the time of your booking
- To confirm all bookings we do ask full payment via our bank account or through Pay Pal (4.5% charge applies when using Pay Pal)
We look forward to welcoming you to RF in the future!
What Guests are saying about RF
“Loved everything about the place, especially the warm kiwi hospitality!”
— Sally Periam, Wellington
“Thanks! We felt right at home”
— Scotty and Jen, Tauranga