A unique place for all guests to enjoy
The Bunkhouse is part of the original “Tyrone” homestead. Over 30 years ago, one quarter of the building was picked up and moved into the “backyard” for the new homestead to be built.
In 2008, Andrew and Kylie began restoring the remains of the original house. Today it contains memorabilia from over 115 years of “Tyrone’s” farming history.
The Bunkhouse is a perfect spot for many low key and relaxed occasions. School Camps, Bridal parties, Work functions, Birthday parties, Xmas parties, Hens/Stag do’s or travellers on a budget.
The Bunkhouse sleeps up to 12 people in two separate bunk rooms:
- Bunk room # 1: Sleep up to 6 people
- Bunk room #2: Sleeps up to 6 people
Features of the Bunkhouse:
- Stay the night & enjoy some Activities for free
- Extensive covered deck with clear sides for meals or relaxation no matter the weather
- Memorabilia from over 115 years of “Tyrones” farming history
- Kitchenette including fridge, microwave, pots, pans… enough to feed a crowd
- Large 4 burner BBQ (with lid and gas hob)
- Heat pump in main living area and separate heaters in bunk rooms
- Couch area
- Pool table
- Sky TV
- DVD library
- Selection of board games
- Kids & adult books
- Playstation 2
- Sing star
- Bathroom block directly outside consisting of three separate toilets and showers
- For your enjoyment we only take one group/booking at a time
- Check in is from 4 pm and check out by 12 noon
- All meals and activities are to be booked at the time of your booking
We hope to welcome you to our farm.
What Guests are saying about RF
“Loved everything about the place, especially the warm kiwi hospitality!”
— Sally Periam, Wellington
“Thanks! We felt right at home”
— Scotty and Jen, Tauranga