Garden consultation offerings have come about after joining two of my passions together; helping others and creating gardens. While my formal study was in education, for the last decade or so I have worked in tourism. Part of my role involved designing and creating a one-acre garden for our tourism business, Rangitikei Farmstay, which people from all over the world have enjoyed.
While I love the process of creating gardens, I know others don’t and often lack the key ingredients to create a garden which I believe are a clear vision and a practical step-by-step action plan. That is where I can help you either design a new garden from scratch or give some new life to an existing area.
How the process works:
Ideally, I would love to visit your garden in person to gain a clear vision and create a practical plan for you. If this isn’t possible due to distance and time, we can also get the same results through phone or Zoom consultations.
- I will email you a short survey and you will share with me your current garden space and any vision or goals you have. (It’s totally fine to have no ideas, that’s my job!) We will cover off your likes/ dislikes, what suits your home / family / location /style/ budget / time restraints.
- Together we will schedule an onsite visit, phone call, or Zoom meeting where I will offer practical solutions that will include ideas around both hardscaping (non-living elements) and landscaping (living elements). Hardscaping looks at the placement of fences, paths, retaining walls, steps, pergolas, and more. Landscaping ideas consist of what plants to use and where, how to place them, and how to take care of them.
- I can make suggestions as to where you source your plants from or if you prefer, I can source these for you. I can even arrange for them to be planted for you.
- All of my ideas will be shared with you in person as well as an email outlining your next steps.
- All clients receive an optional complimentary garden tour of Rangitikei Farmstay, to gain inspiration around design, planting, and hardscaping. This will also include coffee and fresh muffins at The Bunkhouse.
I am truly passionate about helping you create a garden you can be proud of. Please feel free to ask any questions or check out photos of our gardens on our website, Instagram, or Facebook pages.
I hope to create your dream garden with you soon!
Term and conditions:
Consultation 1: Up to one hour: $150 (minimum charge)
Additional consultation and implementation: $75 per hour
Payment due within 7 days of work completed.